yesterdays thoughts and tomorrows dreams...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Goin' to the chapel...

It has begun. The first first cousin on my dad's side is now married. She now has a house of her own and a husband. It astoundes me! It also scares me. It was a wonderful wedding and weekend but at the same time, we aren't kids anymore. Things won't be the same as they were back in the day. We may grow apart and move away. It is a scary feeling. I am not sure if I completely like it. Of course I am super happy for Jessica and Erin (which is soon another cousin to be married), but I miss them already. Change is hard for me I am realizing. I know it will happen but there are emotions that follow. I am eagerly awaiting a reunion of our family all together again where we can have those moments to remember. I will get used to this change that is occuring in these years to come. It just may needs some hugs on the way.
These years to come will be a big change in my life but I am sure it will be even weirder for the younger cousins who don't have all of the same memories of when we all hung out together.
I do believe that change is good, don't get me wrong. I love the fact that my cousins found good companions that will love them forever. I am excited for the day, if the Lord willing, that I may find that kind of love. I do trust that God will bring it when it is time. So for now, content is what I must stay and eager for the future of love and reunions.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hear ya, cuz. I definitely felt a lot of the same this weekend. It's so very exciting yet scary as can be. We all just gotta hold on to those great times and I'm sure there will be many more to come...just different ones. I don't like change so much. I'm scared.

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    i remember that summer, when my friends started to get married. it's a big change but it's okay...things change and you kind of need to mourn that but at the same time it's the beginning of good things. like a new colored flower growing in the place of the old one. at first it just doesn't seem to suit and the garden looks so different, but with time it will grow on you and you won't be able ot imagine your garden without it.
    loves.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home