yesterdays thoughts and tomorrows dreams...

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Just a New Years Thought

Well Happy New Year! I am quite excited about this new year and I am shocked it is already 2007! I remember going into 2000 and everyone thought the computers were all going to shut down and people were storing up food because it felt like our world was going to end! Pretty funny now I dare say!

I hope you all had a great time ringing in the new year. I personally had a great time! I hung out with some pals that I don't see as often and it was a blast. We went tubing behind a quad and lots of other awesome things. The night was filled with laughter and love. It is tradition for a friends dad to give a little devo talk 10 minutes before the count down. What he said really hit me and has been on my mind. I will summarize it for you: Imagine that you were going to church and you walk in and sit in the back row. Now something is different about this church service. Everyone is wearing black or dark colors. You then realize that it is a funeral that you are at. There are friends and people that knew the person going up to the front and saying things that they remember about the person. You are curious to whom this funeral is for. You look a bit harder and it is for you! What are the people saying about you? What would they remember about you? What do you want to be remembered for? What would you want them to say? Pray about it and try to become the person you want to be.

As I sat there, I looked around and saw some friends of mine and thought of my friends. I thought of all the wonderful things that I could think of that described them. I am blessed to have such people in my life. I am thankful for having these good examples. I hope I can be a light for God in the same way they are a light in this dark world. We can impact people no matter where we are or what we are doing. I am pretty sure that is why God commands us to live like Christians twenty four seven. The decisions we make will effect the way we live and the way we love. God needs to be in control. That is when we can truely live by faith and love. It is super hard but I want to encourage all of you in this new year to be more like Jesus and to just love in every way.

A new year means new challenges and new adventures. I am excited and eager for this year to happen! I wish you all the best this new year and keep it real. Loves to all.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger donna said…

    hey cheryl beryl. thanks for the reminder...so true. well, love you. see you soon, my friend.
    donna

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Heartscape said…

    Hey, nice of you to publish a post on my B-day! I am happy to say that I for one did not stock pile any food for the new millenia - I was much too mature for that. I hope you didn't hoard anything either, or this comment may seem a little rude... Good entry though. I like the funeral story. Later!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home